2011-01-02

[Tutorial] Define Photoshop brushes




Hello,
this is my first tutorial I'm writting. I will explain, how you can create own brushes and define them for later use.
You will need following:

  • Photoshop - This will be our tool for making brushes.
  • Some Knowledge of Photoshop - You need to know the basic functions and how to use them.
  • An Idea - You have to know what you want to make.
1. Create a new file (Ctrl + N) with the width and height you want the brush to be. In this tutorial I will be using 250x250 pixels, then create a new layer (Shift + Ctrl + N) and delete the 'background' layer.



















2. Draw the brush. You don't have to draw the same as I do. Make your own brush. Like you see, I made the graohic from different shapes.



















3. A few final steps left. Go to [ Edit > Define Brush Preset... ] Then give the brush a name. My brush will be named "Majinn's Brush". After doing that, click 'OK'. You can test the brush using the 'Brush Tool' ( B ).



















I guess that you want to know how to export this brush?

Go to [ Edit > Preset Manager... ]. From the drop-down menu, select 'brushes'. With the mouse, select the brush you want to export (or select multiple brushes when you hold [ Ctrl ] ). Then, simply click 'Save Set' and choose the directory you want to save the brush (or brushes).



















Hope that this tutorial helped. Anyway, wait for more!
Thank you for reading...




No comments:

Post a Comment